Coinmarketcap’s gaming market cap hit $8.8 Billion and the trading volume rose to $4.6 billion in partnerships, growth, and investments despite the market
Entering into June, Bitcoin continued its questionable sideways movement. After its peak at $68,789.63 in November 2021, Bitcoin fell below $20,000 for the first time since 2020. Much of the crypto market joined Bitcoin and witnessed all time lows. Despite the market downturn, the blockchain gaming industry appeared to show continued growth in every direction. Here are some news snippets that were intriguing despite the rise or fall of prices.
- On Friday, June 10th, Mastercard confirmed its partnership with crypto projects to assist with Web3 platform adoption and integration for NFT projects. These partnerships allow 2.9 billion cardholders to make direct NFT purchases. Immutable X, The Sandbox, fintech firm MoonPay, NFT platforms Nifty Gateway, Candy Digital, Spring, Mintable, and Edge are some of the projects that have entered into the partnerships. Edge is promising to create a “loadable crypto debit card” that promises zero fees and requires zero personal information.
- Cryptopunks celebrated its 5th birthday on June 9th with a current 90-day average price at 54.69 ETH on Opensea.
- Seth Green paid $300,000 to recover his stolen Bored Ape resulting in a total of $500,000 spent by him alone on this Bored Ape.
- Netflix partnered with Candy Digital to launch Stranger Things NFTs. The Stranger Things NFT is marketing that in order to get the NFT users have to solve riddles. Fans have been giving a bit of backlash because this really is nothing new when it comes to NFT’s.
- Budweiser partnered with ZedRun to integrate their infamous Clydesdale horses which include skins and also a Budweiser themed race track.
- Vulcan Forged hosted their second VolCon event June 14th including 10+ special guest speakers, an exclusive gala event, corners dedicated to their gaming ecosystems, and much more.
Written by Jennifer Mongan
Disclaimer: This is not financial advice, please DYOR always! These highlights are based on personal interest only.